All alumni have access to the Van Houten Library. Alumni are welcome to visit and browse the collections. While visiting alumni may borrow books from the circulating and reserve collections; use one of our public workstations to access our digital collections such as research databases, e-books, e-journals and much more.
How does it work?
- You may present your NJIT Alumni card along with a photo ID at the Circulation desk of the Van Houten library and you will be issued an alumni library card.
What services does it provide?
- Borrowing materials from the circulating and reserve collections
- Using "My Library Account" to keep track of your borrowed materials and renew online
- In-library access to online subscribed databases
What services it does not provide?
- Interlibrary loan: borrowing of non-owned NJIT materials.
- On-campus access to subscribed ebooks.
- Off-campus access to subscribed electronic resources and databases including ebooks.
What are the borrowing privilieges?
- Materials in the circulating collection on the lower level can be borrowed for 28 days
- Materials in the reserve collection can be borrowed for 1 day, 7 days and 28 days
- Videotapes for humanities and social sciences can be borrowed for 1 day