April 16, 2015
Seminar on the Scientific Publication Process at the Rutgers Dana Library
Rutgers University Libraries invites NJIT students and faculty to a seminar about the publishing process from Elsevier Publishers and Campus Faculty Editors. They will discuss:
- Steps to take before writing a paper
- How to develop and submit a manuscript
- Journal Criteria for thorough peer review of submitted manuscripts
- Peer reviewers’ qualifications, preparation, and responsibilities
Two sessions will be offered in the Dana Room, John Cotton Dana Library:
- Tuesday April 21 1:00 – 3:00 PM (Science/health science focus)
- Monday April 27 2:30 – 4:30 PM (Social science focus)
To register, please go to http://goo.gl/1PPRRJ
April 2, 2015
Scopus training session on Wednesday, April 8th in Room 1050 of the Library
The Library will be hosting a Scopus training session on Wednesday, April 8th in Room 1050 of the Library from 2:00pm - 3:00pm. Joseph Krongold of Elsevier will be conducting the class.
Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books, and conference proceedings.
Features covered include:
- Search by document, author or affiliation, or use Advanced Search
- Export data to Reference Managers such as EndNote
- Stay up-to-date with Email Alerts, RSS and HTML feeds
- View h-index for specific authors
March 17, 2015
Demonstration of Scifinder in Tiernan Hall Lobby on Tuesday March 24th
Meet Dan Reasoner of Chemical Abstract Service and Bruce Slutsky, Reference Librarian on Tuesday March 24th from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm in the lobby of Tiernan Hall to learn about Scifinder database. This invaluable database allows access to a wider diversity of research from many disciplines, including biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials sciences, physics, environmental science, and engineering.