Resources by Course / Resources by Subject
'Writing, Speaking, Thinking' Resources
Writing, Research & Communication @ NJIT: a companion to the First Year Composition Courses. njitwrc.pbworks.com. Site contains Reference Materials for writers and instructors.
Writer's Web Shelf dictionary, thesaurus, and grammar sites for quick reference
Writing & Research Guides links to research, writing, presentation guides and handouts for students and instructors, and more . . .
For Instructors resources for new and seasoned writing instructors
Resources for History and Political Science (pdf)
ENG 352 - Wikipedia Project
- For a guide to teaching with Wikipedia see our powerpoint presentation:
- Mythbusting: College Students as Wikipedia Editors (ppt)
- or the Video of the Presentation at the Merlot Conference, San Jose, CA 2009
- For updates on this project contact Davida Scharf by email.
Green Searching Tips - How to find good information on green topics using the web
Examples of Web Page Critique
- Critique of Wikipedia Page on Global Warming - Global Warming. (2009, June 16). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. RetrievedAugust 8, 2010, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
- Critique of EPA Web Page - “Climate Change-Science: State of Knowledge.” U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. December 20, 2008. Retrieved on August 8, 2010 at http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/stateofknowledge.html
- Critique of Lindzen Web Page - Lindzen, Richard S. (2005) “Is There a Basis for Global Warming Alarm?” The Independent Institute. October 21, 2005. Retrieved August 8, 2010 from http://www.independent.org/publications/article.asp?id=1714
- Critique of Lischak Web Page - Lischak, Gabriel N. (2006) “Global Warming: Reason for Alarm?” The Real Truth. June 29, 2006. Retrieved August 8, 2010 from http://www.realtruth.org/articles/443-gwrfa.html
'Wikipedia for ENG352' Librarian shows how to get started, and provides useful tips on choosing a topic for the Wikipedia assignment. (Youtube videos)
Examples of Student Work
Wikipedia Rubric Criteria for evaluation of the Wikipedia assignment