Steps to place a request for a book that is on loan to someone else or (steps to place a book on hold):
- Locate the exact book in the online catalog . (Please note that the catalog record for the book will give the current borrower's due date. The current borrower may also return it late, so be aware).
- Select the request option from the online catalog menu (your library barcode is required for this task).
- Submit all the required information to place book on hold.
- Select hold option and click "OK".
- Select the any copy option.
- Type in your barcode again.
- Submit request.
When a user makes a request to borrow a book that has the status "borrowed", that user is asking to place that book on hold for him/her when that book is returned to the library.
The library system will send an email to you when the book is ready for you.
For more information on hold/recalls, visit the library's circulation policy.