Full-time faculty, staff members, graduate students and undergraduate students from participating VALE libraries who are in good standing at their home library qualify for onsite borrowing privileges at NJIT. Faculty members with adjunct status at VALE institutions are not eligible for NJIT borrowing privileges.
VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program
- VALE reciprocal borrowing program
- Participating libraries faculty and staff -- reciprocal borrowing program brochure
- Participating libraries graduate students -- reciprocal borrowing program brochure
- Participating libraries undergraduate students -- reciprocal borrowing program brochure
- a completed VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Application Form *(authorized form available at Van Houten Library Circulation Desk)
- a current valid photo I.D. card from the borrower's university or college
- proof of home address
- telephone number
- email address
- * You can pre-print the application form. This form must be authorized by the NJIT library before it is valid.
Guest Borrowing Card
- Guest borrower card and barcode will be issued. The card is valid for the current academic year, with an expiration date of June 30. The card must be renewed following each June 30th.
- The guest loan period is 28 days for all materials charged out. Only 28 day circulating material may be borrowed.
- The guest may borrow up to 10 items.
- Return NJIT materials directly to the NJIT library. Return materials from other libraries directly back to those libraries.
- All materials on loan are subject to recall. If an NJIT patron recalls a book, you will be notified by email to return the book before the normal due date.
- Recalled material must be returned within 48 hours of notification. If not returned, you will be immediately billed for the price of the book plus a $10 processing fee.
- Guest borrowers are not eligible for recall privileges.
Fines and fees
- 28 day circulating material late charge: $1.00 per day, per item.
- If not returned, after 2 weeks you will be billed for price of the item plus a $10 processing fee.
- Lost or damaged item: price of the item plus a $10 processing fee.
- all books checked out on your card
- the return of borrowed materials on time
- any fines or fees charged to your account
- payment for lost or damaged material
- notifying the library of any change of your address
If the other VALE lending library is unable to get you to return materials, pay fines, or otherwise settle your accounts, you will be liable to NJIT for those materials and charges.
- Not eligible for Interlibrary Loan.
- Borrowing materials is a privilege that may be revoked by library staff whenever deemed necessary.
Approved: Fri, Feb 22, 2002
Revised: Fri, Nov 1, 2002
Updated: Mon, Jul 7, 2008