Library Meeting and Instruction Training rooms are all located in the Central Avenue Building within the Robert W. Van Houten Library:
- Library Information Training Room (CAB 1050): Contains 17 PCs workstations including the instructor's workstation and ceiling mount projector. This room may only be reserved by NJIT library staff. NJIT TLT-related activities may also be scheduled in this room with the approval of the library administration. When not in use by the library, it functions as an extension of the adjacent Information Commons.
- Library Faculty Commons (CAB 2032): Accommodates meetings and gatherings of about 25-30 people. Designated Users: University Librarian, Library Team Leaders, Technical Reference Librarians, and the Officers of the University.
1. Purpose: Library meeting rooms were designed to accommodate meetings of designated NJIT staff, on library business or the business of the senior administrators and officers of the university, not classes. Meeting rooms are not for the use of NJIT students or for regularly scheduled classes. Meeting rooms are for use only during scheduled library hours.
2. Reserving Rooms: Rooms may be reserved through the Administrative Assistant (596-3207) in the office of the University Librarian.
3. Exceptions: Designated users always have first priority in the use of library meeting rooms. Only the University Librarian may authorize an exception and tentatively reserve the use of a library meeting room for non-designated purposes but such reservations are not guaranteed.
4. Cancelations: The library may cancel such reservations: (1) during Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, with 1 day advance notice and (2) during weekends and after 5:00 pm until closing, with only 7 days advanced notice. Such notice will be at the email address provided when the room is booked.
Approved: Fri, Jan 21, 2000
Amended: Jun 24, 2003
Updated: Feb 20, 2009