I. Return of Overdue Materials
- Faculty and staff library materials will circulate according to the following scheme. The dates will change with each academic year based on exam schedules, last day of classes, and on the academic calendar.
Borrowed Reminder Notice Date Due Overdue Notice Telephone Call Before Invoice Sent Bill Sent to Accounts Aug 15
Dec 1 Dec 22 Feb 1 Feb 15 Mar 3 Apr 3 Dec 22
April 20 May 4 May 14 May 21 June 8 July 8 May 4
July 23 Aug 15 Aug 25 Sept 2 Sept 16 Oct 16
- Faculty and staff may have two renewals unless the item is recalled for another faculty, staff or student.
- Further renewals will only be allowed at the discretion of the University Librarian or the Assistant University Librarian. Requests for further renewals must be made in person, with the item in hand.
- A reminder notice and the overdue notices will be sent according to the schedule listed above. No fines will be charged at this point.
- Phone calls will be made to remind faculty or staff that items are overdue according to the schedule listed above.
- An invoice will be sent according to the schedule listed above. The bill will contain the cost of the item plus a replacement and processing fee of $20 per item, which will be payable unless items are returned or renewed. The cost of the item and the fee will not be rescinded once a replacement copy is ordered.
- As listed in the schedule above the account will be sent to the Accounts Receivable Department for further action.
II. Return of Recalled Materials
- Faculty, staff or students may place a request on items that are in circulation.
- Items that are checked out to faculty or staff will be recalled after the first twenty-eight days of circulation.
- Items that have been checked out more than twenty-eight days may be recalled immediately.
- fine of $1 a day (up to $20 maximum) will be charged for items not returned after 7 days.
- A phone call will be made to the appropriate faculty or staff if item is not returned in 7 days reminding them of the fine structure.
- A bill will be sent for items not returned in 14 days, including replacement cost and processing charges of $20 per item. The cost of the item and the fee will
- If items are not returned in 21 days the account will be sent to the Accounts Receivable office for further action.
Approved Nov 5, 1998 by Library Faculty Committee